In the early 1900's the Cape Times newspaper company situated in the city of Cape Town opened a General printing works in the suburb of Parow.
In 1952 Cape Times purchased an established Johannesburg based printer and built a new factory in the suburb of Malvern, it was then decided to move their production facility to Industria West, Johannesburg in the late 1980's.
The newly formed company in Johannesburg was re-named Cape & Transvaal Printers (CTP) and was equipped to produce packaging related products.
During the 1980's there were various take-overs and reverse take-overs finally resulting in the CTP group being purchased by Caxton Limited.
In 1992 another large packaging printer (Clegg Packaging) was purchased. The more modern equipment from that company was moved to Industria West and the company was re-named CTP-Clegg (Litho Div.).
From 1998-2002, approximately R20 million was spent on updating equipment and purchasing new additional equipment at both the Gravure and Litho plants in order to ensure top quality products reach our customers. Added to these purchases was our achievement in obtaining SABS ISO 9002 certification. We also achieved a SABS ISO 9001:2008 certification.
In 2006 CTP Packaging moved over to Elandsfontein and took over another printing company namely Highland Print.